Tough Love, Blogging!
Author: Tanvi from tanvii.com
A lot of people are intimidated to enter the blogging world. I assume, because they have been long time silent readers and now they worry that how would they break the glass ceiling. I think whining is not a solution to anything. There are some harsh truths to be accepted and some courageous decisions to be made by everyone who decides to enter this prada-eats-gucci-world of Fashion Blogging!
1. Get comfortable in your own skin. The camera is not going to come and bite you, just 'think diva', stand up straight and own what you are wearing. After all you put the outfit together so might as well wear it confidently?
2. Blog for yourself. If you blog for numbers or for the audience you will fail. There is a difference between journalism and blogging and the difference is personality. Journalism is about the topic or the platform you are writing for where as blogging is for yourself. Even so many journalists choose to blog, because they cannot speak their mind on their 'professional' platform.
3. Behave like you do in real life. Social Media has simply become an extension of one's life. It is no more an anonymous space where you hide-from-the-world-and-share-your-secrets. Treat everyone the way you treat people in real world. If you wouldn't say it to a person's face or openly in public then don't say it in your comments or tweets. It will only reflect badly on you, as a human being!
4. Not everyone is your friend. Every blogger cannot be your best friend you hang out with. If someone has been blogging for a long time then the chances are that they have already found their groove and are friends with bloggers whom they started out with. Just like in real life you might not be best friends with people a couple of years older to you. Are there exceptions to the rule? Of course, yes! But can you be the exception to EVERY rule? No!
5. Jealousy is not the best policy; Honesty is! It is okay to envy other people's success but don't define your life or its journey with it. If someone has their share of success, then they also have their share of drama. Not everyone wishes to share their troubles with the world, and rightly so. Focus on yourself and life will get easier and worthwhile.
And once you have all this figured out, it is quite an amazing and supportive community - fashion blogging.
Mantra: You just need to be yourself.
If you're an Indian Fashion Blogger, we'd love for you to join our community. Join InFB