Author: Akanksha from eccentric connoisseur
I believe that the key to look confident is to feel good from within. Here, ‘from within’ I mean by wearing proper lingerie underneath your outfit. Treat your lingerie like a REAL garment. A garment, that is extremely important in every woman’s life.
Here is a guide that will help you choose the perfect one:
- First, we all should learn to respect our bodies. However it is, you will only feel good if you are comfortable in your own skin.
- While going to purchase your lingerie, try not buying from the road as you will not be able to try your bra and you need to see whether it fits you properly .i.e. it covers your entire breast properly.
- Avoid wearing pointed bras, as it will affect your lady-like posture. It does not give proper support to carry out any kind of clothing perfectly. Even if you want to continue wearing them, I suggest not wearing it under a figure-hugging outfit.
- Always wear beige/skin colour lingerie under white garment. White under white makes it very visible and increases transparency (which is counter-intuitive).
- Personally, I feel that under-wire bras give proper shape to your breast. Studies show that it increases the risk of breast cancer. If you choose wear under-wire bras, then remove them as soon as you reach home.
- While working out, wearing a sports bra is recommended.
- Unhappy with your boring trio (black, white and beige)? Try on the chiffon or printed lingerie. It will just enlighten your dull mood*winks* and we all need change don’t we?
- Bust heavy? Wearing a non-padded bra is not an advisable option. Agreed, that if you wear padded then it will tend to make your bust look heavy. However, what we should remember is that no pads on the bra make a person’s nipples slightly visible, if worn with a thin material t-shirt. Hence, it is always advisable to opt for semi padded or soft padded bras, which are easily available in the market. If you are still not convinced, you can continue wearing the normal bras and just to hide your nipples you can either get a silicon covering for that area or stuff cotton around it.
- If you have smaller breast the push-up bras could be a good option. They are not the ultimate way to make your breast look big but they do give a proper push to your breast making them look full.
- Avoid adding 2-3 pads in your bras as it will make your breast as hard as a rock.
- Printed, string, sequenced straps are also available. You can match it with your outfit to give a little edge to it.
- Wearing cute lacy or vibrant coloured lingerie is one of the ways to keep you cheerful through the day.
- Wear low waist underwear only if you have a flat tummy. Otherwise, it will make your tummy flabbier making it looks bigger than what it actually is.
- While choosing perfect underwear, see to it that they have soft edges so that it adjusts with your inner thigh skin easily and do not create rashes due to friction of your thigh.
- Women who have a little tummy should opt for mid waist underwear (the underwear should end below your naval). It creates a ‘V’ shape under your naval, which makes your waist look thinner and hides the extra weight on the sides of your tummy.
- Soft Lace underwear is very comfortable. They easily take the shape of your butt.
- It is not advisable to buy a size smaller while buying your underwear. Take assistance if you do not know the size.
- Avoid wearing synthetic material lingerie on daily basis.
- Always have white, black, matte gold, skin colour lingerie in your wardrobe.
- While trying on a bra, wear a t-shirt over it and see. This will help you in making a decision and you will exactly know how it will look.
In addition, most importantly, please pronounce the word lingerie correctly.
It is LAWN-JH-REY, not LING-REEEEE.